Seterus, Inc. - Success with Loan Modification
I just wanted to post my recent experience with Seterus, Inc. My loan was transferred from Chase back in Oct 2010. I also filed bankruptcy (Chapt 13 - Debt repayment so that I could keep the house) the same month as I lost my business the same year. Initially I sent in all of my financial docs and heard nothing for six months. After calling and speaking with various customer service reps I got the direct number for the Bankruptcy Dept and from them on called them directly and was frequently told that my packet was missing a document or two. Seterus requires quite a number of docs for the "Making Home Affordable" Loan Modification application including 2 months of updated paystubs, two months of updated checking account statements, tax returns for last two years, the hardship letter, hardship financial data sheet, etc. Make sure you go through the entire checklist of docs and have everything before you fax it - use a cover page with your name and address, loan number and number the pages too.
I received my approved loan modification packet in early August with a 2% loan mod for the first five years and incremental yearly increases years 6-8 which cap at 4.5% for years 8-40. I did not qualify for a 30 yr mortgage so they pushed the loan out to a 40 year mortgage.
I just wanted to comment that I was thrilled to receive the modification and have been making regular monthly payments that I can afford. The key for me is that I called the Seterus bankruptcy department at least 1-2 times a week - I was relentless in my efforts to get the modification and would not let up on them. I faxed documents over and over again and called repeatedly - I can't say this enough. If you are missing one item on their checklist they will skip your name. There are thousands of people waiting on a loan mod. Don't give them a reason to bypass you.
Just wanted to offer some hope for those of you who are dealing with Seterus. Although they are listed as a debt collector, my experience with them was terrific and far better than my experience at Chase, and I am happy with a mortgage payment I can afford.
JS, New Jerseyf052eef review #272546
You may also like
- " Victim Struggles To Survive Bottom feeders fed off victims, aiding predator to seek new flesh. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRLog (Press Release) â€“ Jul 13, 2010 â€“ Michael Grissom was being..."
- "I Sent In My Money Order For My So Call Per Approved Master Card & Still Haven't Got It I Won't My Money..."
- "Them AH took my truck out of my yard ,I had a check Pending they took it on the same day ,my payment was $140.00 and every time a payment..."
- "I, Ron Pratt worked with the above customer while trying to come to an agreement on a vehicle. I tried several nice says to tell him that because of his..."
- "We reserved a sedan for $85 each way to/from FLL for 2 people & 2 pieces of luggage. Attached is a screen shot of the e-mail I received from Daniel at..."
- "I have odered for 6sitter dinning table order no 300778198 today I have received only 4 chairs instead of 6. And t table is also damaged . What to do..."
- "I sold a PETE CONRAD autograph on eBay. To those who do not know who Pete Conrad is, he was the third man to walk on the moon. ..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "Do yourself a favor and don't have anything to do with these scammers - Jani Ghaffor AKA Jani GMoney AKA Jani G/Chuck Sterling/Digital River Inc/SWREG/CardQuery/PinYourIncome/Pin Cyclone.In researching ways to profit..."