Seterus, Inc. - Success with Loan Modification
I just wanted to post my recent experience with Seterus, Inc. My loan was transferred from Chase back in Oct 2010. I also filed bankruptcy (Chapt 13 - Debt repayment so that I could keep the house) the same month as I lost my business the same year. Initially I sent in all of my financial docs and heard nothing for six months. After calling and speaking with various customer service reps I got the direct number for the Bankruptcy Dept and from them on called them directly and was frequently told that my packet was missing a document or two. Seterus requires quite a number of docs for the "Making Home Affordable" Loan Modification application including 2 months of updated paystubs, two months of updated checking account statements, tax returns for last two years, the hardship letter, hardship financial data sheet, etc. Make sure you go through the entire checklist of docs and have everything before you fax it - use a cover page with your name and address, loan number and number the pages too.
I received my approved loan modification packet in early August with a 2% loan mod for the first five years and incremental yearly increases years 6-8 which cap at 4.5% for years 8-40. I did not qualify for a 30 yr mortgage so they pushed the loan out to a 40 year mortgage.
I just wanted to comment that I was thrilled to receive the modification and have been making regular monthly payments that I can afford. The key for me is that I called the Seterus bankruptcy department at least 1-2 times a week - I was relentless in my efforts to get the modification and would not let up on them. I faxed documents over and over again and called repeatedly - I can't say this enough. If you are missing one item on their checklist they will skip your name. There are thousands of people waiting on a loan mod. Don't give them a reason to bypass you.
Just wanted to offer some hope for those of you who are dealing with Seterus. Although they are listed as a debt collector, my experience with them was terrific and far better than my experience at Chase, and I am happy with a mortgage payment I can afford.
JS, New Jersey
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am totally surprised and disappointed by all the negative comments about NACA. I have been a Realtor for over 14 years and I have worked the NACA program the..."
- "We received a solicitation on Saturday stating "WE WILL BEAT YOUR CURRENT MORTGAGE OFFER OR PAY YOU $250". We contacted them that day for the paperwork to fill out since we..."
- "Very unprofessional company i made a payment of 180.00 they harassed me behind a dollar saying that the payment want be posted until they received the dollar payment really!!! ..."
- "Business Advantage Gold somehow got hold of my mother's account information. Now she is indeed looking for a loan, she had some summer plans but an unexpected expense has her..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "Most *** poor dental service in michigan at mt.pleasant aspen butcher shop/the dentures they make are bottom of the barrel not properly made forms are took by kids with no..."
- "Having purchased our first Keystone Cougar Fifth Wheel (with having numerous other camper purchases)...I have to say get have the worst possible customer service possible giving us the run around..."
- "Went to Cdn Tire, Walmart, Rona and BMR looking for a replacement canopy. Bought two and returned both - neither fit 10x10 two-tiered canopy. Bought third from U.S. and it..."