Recently Bank of America transfered my home mortgage to Seterus who I have never heard of before.They are absolutely the worst financing company to work with.

They DO NOT care about their customers. Their ONLY bottom line is getting paid. Every time I have tried to talk to someone in customer service, they have been rude and totally unhelpful. They make it VERY clear that they truly care NOTHING about the person on the other line.

I am going to refinance with a different bank, which I suggest the rest of you who are in this situation, do as well. This is the ONLY way to teach this company a lesson on common courtesy and customer satisfaction. I'm also very tempted to move all of my accounts from BofA as well! I can't believe they sold me out to a company like this!

I reiterate DO NOT DO ANY KIND OF BUSINESS WITH SETERUS IF YOU CAN HELP IT!

DO NOT GET A LOAN WITH THEM VOLUNTARILY.THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST AND YOU WILL REGRET THE DAY YOU EVER DID BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

Review about: Seterus Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Seterus?

Comments

call Michelle Patterson in the Consumer and Govt affairs depart. Her DIRECT number is 503-270-4036

We all have to ban together and get a Class Action Lawsuit with Seretus

To the original poster: Your comment "Do not get a loan with them voluntarily" shows that you do not know much about this company. They are not a lending institution. They are simply a mortgage servicer.

Recently BofA also sold my mortgage to Seterus. The way they handle payments appears to be different from a regular bank (BofA). Their actions tell me they're configured to help consumers make late payments.

I sent in the November payment I was told to which turned out to be almost $50 more than what it should have been. The payment coupon Seterus sent for December indicated this overpayment and applied it towards December's payment (making it $50 less than it would normally be). However, in the mean time they applied the $50 overpayment to principal without any communication to me and without sending an updated payment coupon. When I made the reduced December payment as they requested in the coupon it was handled as an insufficient payment. I had to call to find this out and then nearly a week later they called to tell me I had not made the December payment. Upon looking at their notes they saw I called to discuss it and send another request.

While they assure me they are on the up-and-up, I will continue to monitor for several months to make sure nothing hokey happens.

The biggest recommendation I can make to people is keep a log of your calls and conversations including at least date, time person you spoke with what was discussed, what they agreed to do, what you agreed to do and the time frame in which it would be done. Anything important including mortgage, banking, insurance, etc. If you keep notes you'll have a leg or two to stand...

Happy Holidays!