4.8K views
Interest Rate

I am willing to join a class action. My situation has been a nightmare.

They have counted every payment I've made for the last 4 years as late and they all show on my credit report. I have never had a late payment to them! Never been charged a late fee! I have never had a notice of foreclosure (which, after 4 years I think I would get ?) Every time I contact them they say they have 30 days to 'investigate.' That 30 days has turned into 14 months.

Even received a letter from their own attorney saying I was not late, but Seterus refuses to fix their records. The only reason I found out about the late payments is I applied to another company to refinance. And for those of you who don't know, Seterus is a loan servicer, not a lender. Your actual mortgage loan holder is not them.

My mortgage holder is Fannie Mae (800-732-6643). You will need to call your holder and complain to them directly about Seterus. If enough of us do it maybe something will be done. They have 5 days left on this 30 day go-round.

If it's not fixed I will file suit. How many of you want to join a class action?

Comments

We were completely burned by them and are in a similar situation. How do we get on board?

#1520884

Seterus uses unethical schemes to charge excessive late fees! I am paying on time every month to avoid these late fees.

I get paid on the 7th and have until the 15th to submit my payment by contract. When I send my payment on the 5th, they claim they don't get it until the 16th. When I started to add the payment date on the check and send it in earlier, they charge me fees for a returned check since the bank won't pay until the 7th. Now I started to certify my mailed check, it goes to a PO box, where they do't pick it up until the 16th.

There is no way to avoid extra fees from Seterus, even if I pay online, it costs more. They are the most scrupulous and ruthless company I ever had to deal with.

I’m presently in a battle with them for putting me in escrow. I plan on register a claim tomorrow with the appropriate agencies.They put me in escrow because they claimed I hadn’t paid my taxes in 2014.

Then they found they were wrong and said I didn’t pay in 2017/18 so they paid them as well .Again they were wrong .I come to find out this week the city actually refunded Seterus but they never acknowledged it to my account.I pay high taxes in the city where I live. $8000 .At this time I’m already owed approximately 11000 .Tried Fannie Mae and they are useless as well.Can never get a call back. Just letter after letter acknowledging my correspondence.They are a disgrace, and I would love to bring them down!

Sign me up for a class action suit. I’d be happy to testify.

My husband and I are in!!! The financial and mental strain has been overwhelming since we’ve been with Seterus

Me too, They have been a nitemare to deal with in getting my home transferred to me thru a quick claim deed from my exhusband who took a seond note out not including me, because of this the *** Ive been thru, Although Im claiming a hardship,and my exhusband paid $1183 per month with a loan mod they want me to pay 2,400 as a single mother. I had to hire lawyers to help me and Im the one who did all the work.

I cant declare bankruptcy as my ex is the borrwer and I am now the trustee, to make payments to help boost my exhusbands credit.

One dept doesnt communicate with other dept. I already had a sheriff sale that I had to get out of,I wouldnt wish this on anyone

I have a similar situation with them where they assess late fees, even though I pay on time. Every time I have to dispute my late fees.

If a law suit is going to be pursued contact me at 3of41of2@comcast.net

I will join in on the lawsuit I am in foreclosure due to them and now have to find a place to live. Has been over two years they have messed with me.

to Carol #1500517

They will screw you in every way possible. They sent me an application to refinance and two weeks later I received a letter that my house was sold at auction.

Liars and Cheaters

Seterus cashed my mortgage payments (approximately $10k) and claimed they never received them. After months of being yelled at, hung up on, and lied to (e.g.

they told me I should leave my wife because she was stealng the payments) I was told to mail in bank statements as proof of payment. After a month of trying to discuss with someone, I was told they never received the documents and was asked to mail again. I went through the same thing again and after mailing them another time, I was told to fax this time. Same thing happened again, and I was told to download on a web portal.

I tried to straighten this matter out another time, and i was told it took 5 days before they could see them; then was told to redownload and wait another 5 days. Weeks later when they were able to see the docs, they told me I starred the payments on the statements and they prefered then to be circled.

During this time I wasn't allowed to make payments and was charged numerous fees. After all this, they refused to look at the documents.I tried to get out from under seterus, and I was unable because they reported that I hadn't made mortgage payments in over a year and ruined my credit.I'm all for legal action against Seterus.

https://www.lemberglaw.com/where/YOUR CREDITREPORT ANY AND ALL ISSUES TO THE WEB PAGE PROVIDED. People this has to go somewhere, we don’t need class action.

Be specific and I have given you many web sites as proof. Ctrl C, Paste the links below the white house send to the white house. These are the pack leaders. Stay off facebook page, Seterus, Inc.

YOU WILL GET A CONFIRMATION! (BETTER THAN SETERUS-NO EMAL)!!https://www.mpamag.com/news/ibm-subsidiary-scammed-nearly-13-million-from-fannie-mae--whistleblower-36028.aspx

We are in a huge Seterus mess and didn’t even get notified till we called in to get paperwork for our broker.They are saying we are 6 months behind because of a rate change that happened during our bankruptcy... they never notified us or our layer!We are now a year and a half out of Bankruptcy and never received one notice or statement from them.

to Anonymous #1480741

they are a piece of *** I just got out of a chapter 13 March 14th, the only way I could discharge was to prove payments they could not find (as I paid ACH from my bank to theirs)! mine was all because of the First Time buyers program that failed nation wide in 2006.

Please do this regardless of what state your in.REPORT ANY AND ALL ISSUES TO THE WEB PAGE PROVIDED. People this has to go somewhere, we don’t need class action. Be specific and I have given you many web sites as proof. Ctrl C, Paste the links below the white house send to the white house.

These are the pack leaders. Stay off facebook page, Seterus, Inc. Can see all private message or email.KEEP IT CLEAN AND FACTUAL.White House: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/MESSAGE TYPE: 1st (Contact President) once complete with one message, Copy paste your info from the message box hit send.Then go back to above link another to the2nd Message type (Contact Federal Agency)- go to bottom message box and now paste so its all the same. Make sure you let the president know and the Federal Agency this is a nation wide problem.

YOU WILL GET A CONFIRMATION! (BETTER THAN SETERUS-NO EMAL)!!FILE A COMPLAINT HERE TO: FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (Under section Fighting Scams and Fraud) No Worries they wont do *** as they want you to go to consumerfinance (below)https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protectionIF IN OR WAS IN BANKRUPTCY MAKE IT KNOWN. Send a complainthttp://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/federal-courts-public/visit-federal-courtYOU CAN SEND HERE TO COVER YOURSELF. THEY WILL LISTEN TO SETERUS.

(just for your proof) https://www.consumerfinance.gov/( I HAVE 52 COMPLAINTS-nothing) But its ok!The web sites at the bottom under red are all facts. ADD Them to both your contact messages if you want. Especially the first one!Let them know you have contacted EVERYONE NO HELP.HELPFUL TRUTHFULL FACTS: ADD TO WHITE HOUSE: Send what you want in your White House Complaint.https://www.mpamag.com/news/ibm-subsidiary-scammed-nearly-13-million-from-fannie-mae--whistleblower-36028.aspxTHIS IS GOOD THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES: Many review each, Snip and save to desk top in case they Erase. BASTARDS!https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Seterus-Reviews-E420912.htmLAST BUT NOT LEAST: THIS IS THE PROBLEMSETERUS, INC.

(PHYSICAL ADDRESS) WHO FILES ON YOUR CREDIT14523 SW MILLIKAN WAY SUITE 200BEAVERTON OR. 97005SETERUS, INC.(PAYMENTS)P.O. BOX 54420LOS ANGLES, CA 90054-0420CORRESPONDENCE, INQUIRES AND NOTICES (ESCROW CALCULATIONS)P.O. BOX 1077HARTFORD, CT.

06143-1077PHONE: 866-570-5277FAX: 866-578-5277PAY FROM YOUR BANK TO THEM, DO NOT PAY ON THEIR WEB SITE STOP IF YOU ARE!!MAKE SURE IF ITS ACH, YOUR ORIGINAL MORTGAGE LOAN # APPEARS WITH THEIR FAKE ACCOUNT NUMBER IN THE MEMO SECTION IN SET UP ON BANK SITE! GOOD LUCK AND WE CAN DO THIS! KEEP A FOLDER OF ALL EMAILS AND ANYTHING REAL!!!GET IT GOING!!!!!!HOPE WE CAN STOP THIS *** AND PUT UNDER, I HAVE WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO THE IRS, AND STATE AGENCIES FOR ALL THEIR ADDRESSES ABOVE.

TAXES HAVE TO BE WRONG!THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. PLEASE FILL ME IN AT BELOW EMAIL ADDRESS: fendersr4me@gmail.comREAGRDS,

to Anonymous #1487199

This sounds like our story to a T. They have our backs against a wall saying that if we make our normal payment they will apply it to a modification that we never asked for.

This place is a joke. Have you been able to fix your situation?

Living with same nightmare willing to join

I'm in!! I'm living a nightmare with same problems as everyone else.

Lets do a lawsuit.

How do we get started? HELP

to Lauren #1480743

YOU WILL GET A CONFIRMATION! (BETTER THAN SETERUS-NO EMAL)!!HELPFUL TRUTHFULL FACTS: ADD TO WHITE HOUSE: Send what you want in your White House Complaint.https://www.mpamag.com/news/ibm-subsidiary-scammed-nearly-13-million-from-fannie-mae--whistleblower-36028.aspx

I will join. They defy court orders.

They trump up charges. You cannot get a person when caring their customer service number.

I’m running into the exact same problem they are saying that we owe them money for past late payments for the last year and a half I have never received a letter or anything stating that we were late and they’re also stating that we are making the wrong amount payment !!!